The future is here today, and the future is HDPE Fermentation & Storage Tanks from Speidel. Made in Germany from nothing but undyed and food-safe plastic, these tanks are produced with particularly thick walls which preserves the aroma and the alcohol for a markedly long time. The stable carrying handles have been tried and tested for decades and are extremely durable.
Are you tired of carboys? Hate siphoning to transfer? Wish you could ferment larger batches in a single container? Sick of lifting 50lbs by a small metal handle? Done with worrying about shattered glass, injury and lost product? Well then have we got the solution for you!
These heavy duty plastic tanks offer a fantastic fermentation & storage solution at a great price.
- Heavy duty HDPE construction is durable and resists oxygen transfer. None of the risks of working with glass.
- Small footprint makes them easy to store - take better advantage of the space you have to dedicate to wine & beer making.
- Built-in handles make these tanks easy to move, even when full.
- Large lid opening makes them easy to clean by hand - say goodbye to your carboy brush!
- All ports seal with gaskets and the vessel can be fully sealed for long-term storage.
- Includes a spigot and oversized 2-piece Speidel airlock.
- Designed and manufactured in Germany by Speidel, the makers of our legendary commercial wine tanks
- 12L: Perfect for storing small lots, making experimental batches and taking some of your beer or wine along with you to your next party.
- 20L: Ideal for secondary fermentation and storage of 5 gallon batches.
- 30L: The vessel for fermenting wine kits and 5 gallon batches of beer with plenty of headspace and no need for a blowoff tube.
- 60L: Perfect for fermenting larger batches of wine or 10 gallon batches of beer in a single container! Only 4" larger in diameter than a 6.5 gallon carboy!
- 120L: Ferment & Store large batches of anything - your creativity is the only limit!
Approximate Dimensions: 15.75in Diameter x 24in Height (w/out airlock in place). The maximum temperature that these plastic fermenters can handle is 140F. Approx. 17in Diameter including handles.
**Please Note - The handles on the Speidel Plastic Fermenters are capable of handling a weight load of 66lbs each, or 132lbs when using both. Therefore, they can be used to move this unit when full.
- Can filled containers be carried by the handles?
- Depending on the weight—barrels up to 30L are no problem—60L is the limit and should not be carried when completely full. The handles have a weight capacity of 30kg (66 lbs).
- Is there an upper limit on the alcohol content of the stored liquid?
- In principle, there is not. However, it should be noted that the higher the alcohol content, the faster the seals and, to a lesser extent, the tank itself will wear out.
- Up to what temperature can the containers be used?
- For short periods of time the containers can withstand temperatures of up to 80°C (176°F). This temperature should not be exceeded. For longer periods of time the containers can be used at temperatures up to 60°C (140°F).